ClimateLaunchpad – The Biggest Green Business Idea Competition on the planet!
ClimateLaunchpad is the Green Business Ideas Competition that seeks to fix climate change, one start-up at a time. By accelerating innovation, we enable a low-carbon future. That kind of change needs the world’s best green ideas. This competition creates a platform for those ideas. We offer training, coaching, access to a global network, and prizes.
Aim of the competition
- To unlock more green business ideas around the world;
- To create a global wide green business network, engaging with a larger group of (potential) green business start-ups;
Who can enter the ClimateLaunchpad Competition?
Anyone with a green business idea can enter the competition.
We welcome early stage cleantech ideas for innovations in:
- energy efficiency
- food and agriculture,
- industrial technology,
- renewable energy,
- water, or
- any other way to tackle climate change
Ideas may still be on the back of a napkin.
We welcome ideas from students working as individuals or in teams. We are open to ideas from start-ups and potential start-ups.
There are some restrictions though:
- Participants can only enter if they have not yet started a business, or have been a start-up for less than 12 months, have no substantial revenue and have no grants or investments above €200,000.
- Participants must not yet have sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
- Participants cannot apply if their idea has already been accepted into the EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator or if they have participated in ClimateLaunchpad before with the same idea. Submitting a new idea is of course allowed.
Finally, participants must be resident in Ireland during the period of the competition (up to November 2022).
How to enter?
Applicants can submit their idea through the application form on the ClimateLaunchpad website.
What happens after submitting an idea?
Online Boot Camp
Coaching and National Final
Global Grand Final
- Application deadline: 06 May 2022
- Digital Bootcamp: 23-25 May 2022
- National Final: 17 June 2022
- Regional Final: During September 2022
- Global Grand Final: Early November 2022
Want to know more?