Can you Solve-it?
Can you Solve-it?
Are you up for the ‘Solve-it’ challenge? Simply identify a problem and come up with a solution (either a product or service) that could solve-it! Any student who has an idea is welcome to apply.
Think of problems that you (or people you know) have experienced. These problems or frustrations can occur:
- Anywhere e.g. at home, at college, on the pitch, in the garden, on the farm, in the studio, at the gym, in the lab, at work etc.
- When you are doing everyday things e.g. hobbies, sport, studying, exercising, cooking, shopping, socializing, driving, travelling, going on holidays … the list is endless!
- For anyone e.g. children, those who are small, tall, old, able-bodied, physically challenged, experienced, novice user … it doesn’t matter!
- because things don’t work well or maybe the solution does not exist yet … but if it did, it would make things better for those who have that problem
Some examples include:
(1) Problem: Difficulty monitoring diabetic glucose level
Idea proposed: A portable technology enabled monitoring device.
(2) Problem: Lack of exercise
Idea proposed: A game based exercise initiative
(3) Problem: Patients forgetting to take important medicine.
Idea proposed: A portable technology enabled tablet dispenser.
€100 Centra food vouchers (enough to pay for lunch for a week!) for the top three ideas.
How to enter
To enter, just send us a short video clearly stating: –
- Your name and course of study
- The problem you are trying to solve
- Who typically experiences this problem
- Explain your idea and how it would work
- Highlight the key benefits of your idea for those who experience the problem
Send entries as a YouTube link to [email protected] from your student e-mail account. State your name in the e-mail and use the words Solve-it entry as the subject heading to the e-mail.
The Solve-it ideas competition is open to all full-time students at SETU (undergraduate and postgraduate) in any school. Only registered SETU students can apply. Solutions must be an idea for either a product or a service. Closing date for last entries is 1st February 2023.
Please note: Videos sent using private e-mail address or videos over 2 mins will be disqualified.
All entries will be reviewed by the Growth Hub team. Shortlisted videos will be reviewed by an expert panel of judges and winners will be announced week commencing 6th February 2023. Winners will be contacted via e-mail.